Sunday, September 15, 2013

Biscuits

My plan was to post a recipe or something of that sorts once a week at least, but this last week was very hectic at my house. It started with myself getting an ear infection, and just as I was starting to get better both of my daughters woke up with high fevers. I am going to make it up to you though by posting double for this week. Earlier in the week I was craving a juicy steak and salad, but in my mind to be a complete meal there needs to be a starch of some kind. With that in mind I made my biscuits, and my recipe was been tweaked time and time again until I came up with my present recipe. These biscuits are crispy on the outside and break apart to reveal a soft and fluffy center. They work great for biscuits and gravy or plan on the side. My favorite is fresh or reheated with some Strawberry Jam for breakfast.   

  • 2 Cups of Flour 
  • 2 Teaspoons of Sugar
  • 1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
  • 8 Tablespoons of Butter Melted
  • Pinch of Salt
  • 3/4 to 1 Cup of Milk
The first thing to do is preheat the oven to 425 degrees and mix the Flour, Sugar, Salt, and Baking Powder together in a bowl.

Then create a well in the middle and pour in the melted butter. 
Mix the melted butter in with your hands until it is well mixed, and then add the milk until the dough can be shaped into a round ball that is not sticky. The dough should be able to be handled without sticking to your hands. 
 
Once the right consistency has been obtained, rip of pieces of the dough, and roll them into balls while placing them spaced apart on a greased baking sheet. 
Place the baking sheet in the oven for 12 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
Enjoy! :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! I've never been a big biscuit eater, usually too dry but yours sound good! I'll have to give them a shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If these are dry for your taste you can add an extra 1/4 cup of milk and 2 tablespoons.

      Delete